Language

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Big Update

Longtime it's been. And everybody's asking himself: What was the guy up to the whole time? Therfore the resume of the supersummer and summerwinter when I didn't have time left for the blog. Was working now and then aswell.
It all started with the Schnapsidee (german for an idea of a drunkard filled with Schnaps) to drive a motorcycle to Sri Lanka (which by now would be even more of a Schnapsidee). Therefore I bought the legendary XT600 Ténéré from 1983 with its humongous tank. To check it I took it all apart:


I removed the ugly 80ies plasticstuff, sold it and put stuff that pleased my eyes better. While checking the engine I had to realise it's complete crap so I put a 'new' one. Here's when I was trying to sort the wiring:


After a long forward and backward it's close to being rideable now but not tested yet. But the route to Sri Lanka by now is impossible.
Here some pics from the close-to-final-state:



0 comments:

Post a Comment