Language

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cikananga I

The next two month i'm going to be working with the Cikananga Conservation Breeding Center. More information about this organisation you can find at www.cikanangawildlifecenter.com. I'm going to part of the project to reintroduce the critically endangered Black-Winged Starling (Sturnus melanopterus) into the wild. The first goal for me is going to be to find the released birds from last year in the area. If they haven't died or been caught to sell them we will start a new release. Then I'm going to collect data for a while after the release to monitor the success of the release.




Because I'm supposed to find the birds in the nature, I need to get to know them first. Learn their singing and what they are up to. And how could you do this better than cleaning their cages, hehe? I don't want to just sit around and listen to the birds so I helped the keepers to clean the cages of the breeding program.




0 comments:

Post a Comment